The municipality is working very hard in resolving all the basic infrastructural challenges being experienced by its ratepayers, i.e. electricity, water, sanitation and roads.
Below are infrastructural projects that have been undertaken by the municipality and the status quo:
- Lydenburg bulk water supply line from Dam to WTW (project to assist greatly in alleviation of water shortages in Lydenburg and surrounding areas) – in progress and expected to be completed soon
- Water provision in Draaikraal – 90% completed
- Refurbishment of roads in all Thaba Chweu Municipal wards – A R20m project has been registered and will be implemented in the 2014/2015 financial year.
- Refurbishment of roads in Draaikraal – 75% completed
- Refurbishment of roads in Coromandel completed
Our electrical network in and around town are integrated differently. Because residential and businesses are separated it is unfortunately unable to separate the two as suggested. Currently Rooidraai substation is up and running and ease the pressure in town. External stakeholders contributed to make sure that the substation is properly working so the town has electricity all the time.
- Fencing of municipal cemeteries – completed
- Electrification in Mashishing and other areas of the municipality – completed
Issued by Communications unit
Mr Puleng Mapheto
Communications and Marketing Manager
Thaba Chweu Local Municipality
013 235 7301